View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
GirlFromCO

I remember when I first quit and got over the worst of the physical effects - I was so amazed at how much time there is in a day. Getting drunk, sleeping, and recovering the next day were the main events in my life and certainly the only routine, lol. SOOO glad it's over and I have a life now! When I was drinking, I was really resentful of people around me who were getting things done like graduate degrees, families, big creative projects or traveling or volunteering. I always thought about how I had thought about doing whatever it was for years and the I would get all p***** off at the people who were actually accomplishing those things (makes LOTS of sense, right? LOL). Now that I'm sober with all this free time and an attitude of gratitude, I find myself getting a ton of important stuff done. I actually have stuff to talk about when I hang out with my friends instead of listening to all the awesome things other people have done that I could've

Anyway I guess what I'm saying is that this is a really good time to dream big Sky's the limit!