View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Star Gazer

My miracle occured about 5 years ago. I was at my wits end. My mom was drinking heavy and the whole family was coming to me and telling me that they were there for me and that they wanted to help my mom get sober. They just didn't understand that they couldn't do a thing to get her sober. It was a very trying time for me. One night, I muttered under my breath "Guardian angel, please help me wake up a 6:00 tommorrow!" I was just being sarcastic and didn't actually mean it!!

Well, that night, I was dreaming. I had dreamt that my bestfriend told me that when she passed, she would be my guardian angel. I woke up very groggy, like I was still dreaming, and looked toward my ceiling. I saw 2 foggy, white figuires in the corner. All I could do was reach up, with tears in my eyes, and say thank you. I laid back down and then I really woke up. I assumed it was a very vivid dream. However, I looked at the clock at it was exactly 6:00 am.

Now, that was just the beginning. I went about my normal day and just about forgot about the "dream". Out of the blue, one of my co-workers, with whom I am very close, said to me. "You need to get out. You need to do what is best for you. Go away to college. You need to be on your own and decide your own life." I had been deciding where I would pursue my bachelors after I earned my associates from the Junior College. Then, he dropped it and we went about our day. It was like something took him over for a brief moment. My dream hadn't completely left me. That night, I went to have my nails and hair done. Before I even sat down, my friend ran over and said "You need to go to this chapel. It is the most beautiful and serene place I have ever been. I lit a candle for you today." She had been going through a rough time with her then husband and the two of us often shared our woes about living with an addict. That was it, I told her and the woman that cuts my hair about my angelic encounter. They piped up and hugged me. They said I was starting my journey.

That night, I went home and my mom was a raving drunk. It was terrible. I then realized that my two angels manifested themselves in both of my dear friends. Later that week, I gave my friend (the one that told me about the chapel) my portion of the deposit on a condo. I was moving out and starting my own life.

Now, I have no doubt that I have two guardian angels that are always looking out for me. I know that whenever I am going to fall, they, along with my HP will catch me and lead me in the right direction.

That it my miracle. It may sound like I am reaching but it keeps me going when times get tough. I hope in inspires you.