View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
NewBeginning010

HI Dawnie, Its tough not picking up that first drink but you can do it. I had to reach the point of being so sick & tired of being sick & tired that I knew I couldn't ever have a drink again, actually I didnt/dont want to (why would I want to feel sick like that again).

You can do this, one day, one hour or one minute at a time. Just don't pick up that first drink. Some face to face time working on your addiction with other alcoholics that are not drinking could be good for you too (AA etc.).

Can you admit your powerlessness over alcohol, do you truly want to give it up & improve your life for you and your children. Are you ready to do one of the toughest & most rewarding things you will do in your lifetime? Are you ready to give this fight everything you got to beat it? Because that is what it takes for some of us. If so please type it out to get the thought of doing it going.

This thing really is simple in the end Dawnie, just dont pick up a drink "Now" (in this moment). Just by doing this you will be sober for the rest of your life.

I have found that coming on here & reading books about recovery as well as many other tools have helped me along my path.

So day 1 it is.... it could be the first day of a lifetime of sobriety if you work on it & put everything you can into it.

All of the best on your recovery Dawnie ~ NB