Old 01-19-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KelleyF

Need advice in dealing with RABF's father.....

Yesterday the RABF dad came into town because BF is going to have more test done today at hospital regarding his heart.

Last night, his dad was at BF new place; I was there too. His dad went all crazy because he found a section of the Wall Sreet Journal laying around. I've no idea why this was in the WSJ but the cover was titled "cocaine. " and had a full page pic of the drug. *What the article was really about was countries that produce the stuff, etc. Nothing about using it.*

But his dad flipped out and started yelling at him; like he wasn't taking all this seriously and BF didn't help cause he tried to make a joke about how we' were thinking about moving to Peru....*

And now in like an hour I we are supposed to leave for hospital and I'm going to be spending most day alone with his dad *just waiting.

His dad has been nice to me so far, he is rather intimidating, but we have talked alone a few times and it was fine. But after his angry outburst last night I don't want to say anything to upset him.

So I want to ask especially parents; what the heck should I NOT say to him; Ive heard some of you deal both positively and negatively with girlfriend / boyfriends /'spouses of your children so I was hoping for some pointers.