Thread: Please help me
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Houston

Hi Gertrude. I'm sorry to hear about your brain injury (abi?). Congrats on your sobriety. As you well know, brain injuries + alcohol is a definite "no no". I feel for the loss of your family, but just keep in mind that YOU need to be around a loving environment for YOU to get better. Maybe the time for reuniting with your family is not right now, but you never know what may happen in the future. I belong to the Brain Injury Association - its a national organization & they have groups all over the country filled with loving, caring & VERY educated people. I was a caregiver to a tbi survivor - hence my relationship with above group - which is also why I am suggesting to you the importance of being around somebody that can support you with unconditional love and acceptance right now. I know going thru a divorce, custody battles, etc....feels like someone just threw up a perfectly good jig-saw puzzle up in the air (especially with the added problems of your injury, but believe me, the pieces are all going to land - they aren't going to land where they started out, but its up to YOU pick up the scattered mess and start over. Good luck and if you need info on how to contact the BIA, feel free to email me.

Houston