View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 02:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
BookLover1978

Update- Not Good!!!!

My nephew that was born poorly when I started this thread has just celebrated his 1st Birthday7! he's a little behind with development but that is to be expected, but he is progressing well and a gorgeous little chap!.
My Mum has not seen him at all since he has been born & missed his Christening & party etc this has obviously angered my brother who has cut all contact with her.
In the meantime I have managed to get on speaking terms with Mum again but all the issues are still there, she is still drinking heavily, not working, borrowing money and showing the obsessive/paranoia behaviour that goes with her drinking. I have had to keep quite & not say anything to her about it after getting back on speaking terms but she knows how I feel & will not admit to anyone she has a problem as the family have spoken to her.
Yesterday my aunt called her & she admitted she was withdrawing from alcohol alone and my aunt told her it needed to be medicated & rushed her to the docs where mum had a seizure in the room, mouth frothing, eye rolling & breathing stopped momentarilly!. Mum was rushed to hospital and put on drips and it was awful. After a night the docs said if she does not want to stop drinking he would discharge her & use the bed for a ILL PATIENT! (can't blame him!) but if she did he'd keep her there & support & give her with medication. My auntie said she did want to stop (as we knew no-one could have her at there house, so needed to stay in hospital) but I'm just hoping Mum wants to now for her own sake I can't help thinking she was just withdrawing because her money had run out (fallen out with two people who were providing it for her!). So I feel we are all no further down the line at all now the family are back to running round her again to hospital as well as us all juggeling family & work commitments and she is sat there in the hospital bed demanding symapthy! Grr. I did hope 2012 would be a New Year, new start but no!