Thread: How to move on?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 11:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
JillGorges87

Thank you BobbyJ!!!!! I am proud of myself too!

I did not end up going to the meeting because I live 2 hours away from where my mom does and I came out here, of course. However, my mom and I plan to go to a meeting tomorrow.

I decided I was not ready to go back home today so I stayed another night at my moms. However, tomorrow I have to go back, this is because my son is in school and I cannot just pull him out forever. It isn't fair for us to have to leave the house all the time because my husband wants to drink.

Here is where we are both at today:
1) He still maintains he does not have a problem...I can totally tell he is fighting the admittance soooo hard!

2)He apparently talked to a friend at work and asked if he could have a place to stay if he needed to. This is because he has no plans to stop drinking and he does realize that I need to be home with our kids because my son is in school

3) He is angry that I have "exposed" him. Hmmmm well, if there wasn't a problem in the first place then why are you feeling so "exposed and angry?'

4)He hates hurting me so he thinks its better that he just leaves maybe. As a "normie" wouldn't you just get rid of the thing that is hurting the other person? not walk away?

I am still maintaining my boundaries with him, and the only thing I can say to him now is that his actions are why he is where he is tonight, that I love him but I will not accept unacceptable behavior, and that he needs help! My parents and I are strongly considering an intervention for him. It would be myself, my mom and step dad, and my sister. I would like to have a mediator to keep things from getting out of control so I am going to call our Chaplain tomorrow to see if this is something he could help us with.

I am also looking into all of the things I need to do to set myself up to leave. Right now I have no financial means of supporting myself and the kids, I am 100% dependent on him for money. I also have SUPER bad credit with an eviction (long story but has to do with my addict father, go figure right? lol) so I have no chance of getting an apartment. But I am going to talk to an attorney about the pros and cons of filing for bankruptcy. I owe over 10,000 in debt so this may be a good option for me considering my circumstances of needing to get the hell away.

I am living my life the way I want to from now on. I have to be responsible for my happiness and the happiness and safety of my kids.