View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tryintosmile

Angry and Hurt ...

He made a decision to take his daughter's dog (horse) for 8 months. Doesn't even take care of our dog. Was supposed to possibly go into detox and rehab, but couldn't now - because I can't take care of a huge young dog who scratches doors, eats baseboards, etc. He'll ruin the house. He's not a personable dog at all and that scares me. He might decide my little dog is a 'chew toy'. I'm also allergic and so is he.

At first we said yes - since everyone else had said no and she was crying - even though not too long ago she was calling, blaming us for ripping her off when we got a friend to fix her car.

Then I changed my mind and said NO. Wow me - the codie - saying No! He says 'too bad - if you don't like it, you can leave'. Really??? He's put me thru so much and this isn't even the worst. It just proves to me that I don't have a say and he doesn't care what I think. That's all I should need - right?

I've been ready to leave for a long time and he's opening the door for me - over a dog. I love animals but I didn't think I'd have to give an ultimatum - nor did I think he'd choose the animal considering he almost killed our dog when she was a puppy. In a healthy relationship, I would think it takes both parties to agree to a decision that affect both people. I don't know anymore. I'm SO angry, but I know he wants to make up for being an a**hole to his kids many times in their young lives and because she's mad that she thinks he ripped her off - which IS ridiculous, this is an opportunity to atone for something he didn't even do. He's a liar, cheater and drunk, but he wouldn't steal from his kids.

I guess it's at the cost of losing me - because I'm holding my ground. If he doesn't tell her we've had a change of heart - I'm leaving. I have a LOT to pack, so I hope I can find the strength and energy. Never thought I'd be leaving for a dog, but it isn't really about the dog - it's about HIS control. That's how much he cares about me or how I feel. Good to know. I'm hurt though, but why bother? Geez this is just stupid - like my whole life has been with an alcoholic ...