Thread: How to move on?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JillGorges87

Yes, any start is a good start I guess.

Well, to answer that question honestly, we got married very fast. We were only together 2 1/2 months (probably not such a great idea). We did not live together before we were married and in that short time I honestly did not see the extent of his drinking. Within 3 months after we were married he was deployed. During the 3 months he was home he did do a lot of training and was gone a lot, but still was not drinking like he does today. It got horrible after he came home from deployment.

I know what you mean about them being able to "maintain their jobs". In his situation he wont be allowed to re enlist after this contract is over. Since he was demoted to LCPL, and he has already been in a little over 6 years. You have to be able to pick up Sgt rank by 8 years or you are forced out. There is no way in less than 2 years he will be able to pick up Sgt, he cant even pick up Cpl until at least 6 months from now.

I am happy I will be going to Al anon. I actually used to go when I was younger to Alateen. I have also been to soooo many AA meetings with my father growing up and my little brother so they shyness isnt really an issue for me : ) Besides I am a people person, it is what I do best.

I have been debating today whether or not to call my mom. I have always struggled with asking for help from my parents especially. I feel so ashamed of my situation even though I know that I shouldnt and my mom would never judge my situation. After all, she lived it for 15 years with my dad. I just cant seem to bring myself to call her yet. I really need to figure out a way to get passed that.