View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

Originally Posted by GoatGirl View Post

And as for the drunken pawing, I feel bad about turning him down, he's such a little boy right now who wants to be comforted. He's spent most of the day in bed, and I know he's mainly done it to make sure he doesn't annoy me by getting too clingy. He also just said, I know the rules for tonight are the same as last night.
Ah, the little boy who needs comfort aspect is SO hard to not respond to. It was repeatedly the thing that softened my heart too. They are hurting, and needy and they don't trust anyone but us...

And they believe it when they say it, and we know their situations, and we know that there is some truth in it...BUT

and yesterday really made the BUT very very clear to me. BUT, he manages to get to work every day. BUT he manages to get to the store at least once daily to buy booze. BUT he maintains contact with his contacts but constantly forgets to call me. BUT he's considerate to his coworkers, dog walker, paper boy, and ignores me or treats me like shyte until he's that scared, sad little boy again.

Both the capable man, and the hurting boy are actual aspects of him. BUT why does it seem I always get one and not the other?

I'm glad that things are progressing with your bf and rehab etc. I think it's a good opportunity for you to evaluate things and get a handle on your own issues regarding this.

I hope that this is the start of real healing for both of you as individuals, and eventually, your relationship.