Old 01-15-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
BlueMoon
once in a . . .

Sally
It’s ok to start over – it happens – sponsors know that and should understand that – give her a call and get it over with at least – the moa you procrastinate, the worse you’re going to feel

As far as “fake it til you make it” – man I hate that! I’ve been sober for awhile and I still need to do that – because it WORKS. It helps to keep me from wallowing in my crap – from staying depressed, angry, whatever. When I can MAKE myself get out of my head, even for a bit, it helps me change my mood, change my pattern of thinking bad thoughts (“stinking thinking”), etc, etc. It gives me a bit of a break at least. Sometimes it works for an entire day! It has helped (at times!) keep me from being TOTALLY miserable which in turn has helped keep me sober. And THAT is the point. So I keep combing my hair, cleaning the apartment, going to meetings, calling people – even when I don’t want to – because I am SUPPOSED TO. Because someone told me years ago that it works and so far they’ve been right. Go figure.

Hang in there! It gets better!

Blue