Thread: How to move on?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JillGorges87

BobbyJ,

Thank you for advise. I do know of our chaplain and the resources on base. I am actually in counseling every week for myself and recently my husband and I started seeing someone as well.

I do know that he has suffered from PTSD from being in combat. He will not admit how much it really has had an effect on him thought. I also know that alcohol was the problem first. He was drinking a lot before he even joined the Marine Corps, he grew up with an alcoholic father as well and they would drink together.

If I had the power to make him go get help I would but I can't. He does have to see the SACCO (substance abuse counselor) because he had gotten in trouble for an alcohol related incident. However, he just lies whenever the questions are asked like how much do you drink? How often? His answer is always on occasion, a couple beers a day. It is so sad that he cannot admit it even to himself. He drinks every single night and I guess in his mind an 18 pack is a "couple of beers"

I just recently found the only Al Anon meeting in our city on Monday nights that I will be going to tomorrow.

Jill