View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 09:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
crisco

Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
Sounds like you are going through some serious challenges, but also that you are working toward a recovery plan that you can embrace.

Any program is just a tool. The program itself doesn't work or not work. It's inert. It's the people intent on recovery that do the work. Different people, different perspectives and experiences in life, find different tools address their situations when applied.

I think you will find many people who combine recovery methods and programs, and ample examples on which to do your dissertation. It's good to take an in depth look at this, and get the information out there.

I hope you find some relief soon from your stressful situations, and I will be honest. I hope those solutions don't include further drinking. It may ease your mind temporarily, but surely it is damaging your health in the meanwhile.

Recovery programs help us discover non drinking/using options to dealing with life's issues. They help us develop the resources within ourselves.
It was only temporary solution. VERY TEMPORARY. I did not regret what I did, but the moment was too upsetting for me to maintain a very fragile six month of sobriety and go insane. I tried to remain sober on Friday and I was drive to the point of insanity.

It is only recommended to drink when you have are the point of insanity that there is no solutions other than alcohol. And alcohol can provide a moment of sanity that you can go forward in our life. The alcohol temporary relieves the problem so you can think off alternative solutions to a problem and that are acceptance to move forward in life. Sobriety at that point is paralyzing and delibitating.

For a moment, sobriety was debilitating I have to drink over it. I felt so much anger and rage against myself that I had to drink or go insane killing somebody because I was angry over myself. I had suicidal thoughts. Sobriety provided no ways out in that time. Drinking over that moment would end the misery and I was able to accepted what I did.

Calling another alcoholic might have worked, but only for a time. In my case, the drink numbed all of those feelings and now I am total acceptance of my actions. I am going to quit my job without remorse or anger. I accept my a action against my employer.

It is not failure off AA either. AA gave me the total acceptance of the issue, but it required a drink to reach that conclusion. Without AA, I would have never been able to deal with this problem successfully. I had to what was right in that particular point in my life and used the tools that I had at that time. I totally took responsibility for the issue and blamed it my own fault. Without AA, I would never be able to do that. I admitted that I had to resign and find a new career field. Without AA, I would not be able to do that. This program has been a success beyond my own wildest dreams because I am quit my job without providing excess drama. Yes, it took liquor in my case, but without the program, I could never have endured this moment.

Yes, it take a drink, but AA provides the tools in life. In my life, despite my relapse, it provide me tools to deal with the problem. It was through my relapse and using the tools of AA that I have to restored myself to sanity

From my example, the tools of AA are always apply especially when we relapse. And sometime, it takes the relapse and tools of AA to return us back to state of sanity.

Too many people in this program have tried to remain sober when their capacity was beyond it. They needed a temporary relapse to grasp ahold of reality.

I know this because this I handle reality and I dealt with reality. Trying to deal with an issue that forced me to write a resignation letter to my boss was too much to remain sober. I took that first drink and that I stopped. I did not let the madness proceed me.

The alcohol was only there for today and today only. It is not there on Sunday or Monday. It is gone. I have to deal with sober reality as it is, but to get that temporary escape from the madness of my insanity that I get restored back towards to sanity.