Thread: Is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
nicam

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
Well, anger is one thing, to me, what you are displaying is far more aggressive than simple anger. If I remember correctly, you almost killed the two of you while driving, this was done in a fit of rage.

Honestly, I would seek some therapy this is not going to go away on it's own.

Anger serves a purpose, for a brief period of time...raging daily does not, you are only hurting yourself.
Yeah, I did almost kill the 2 of us. Driving while being verbally assaulted by someone who is drunk as heck is never a safe situation.

I know this isn't normal or healthy. My ex was also Narcissist and BPD, essentially a sociopath, so I think that brought on a lot more anger than if he had just been an addict/alcoholic. The things he did to me were pure evil and go beyond the drinking and drugs.

Idk, money is tight after the holidays and debt he put me in so I had to stop therapy for a while (that extra few hundred a month adds up), but I should really step up my alanon game then I suppose.

I may be more angry with myself at this point for giving him 2 years of my life and taking the insidious abuse.