Thread: Just Angry
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 11:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Flyte

Just Angry

I am angry and need to write about it and have someone listen.

My wife is a recovering heroin addict, going on four years clean. We have an amazing child, and love each other deeply. The past year has been hard for her, going through deep emotional issues, and health issues. My work has me out of town a lot, trust has never been an issue with us.

This week she told me she went out, started drinking, got drunk and smoked pot. I'm furious, and hurt, and scared that pot is the road back to heroin and using. She doesn't want to go to meetings (she was pretty active in the program, but because of my work we were in a place with no meetings so she stopped, but there are plenty of meetings where we are now). I know I can't force her to go...

She worked so hard to get clean, we worked so hard to get all her criminal charges dropped, get off probation, just get a better life overall.

I'm so scared of losing her, she doesn't think it is a big deal and yet I want to drag her to a meeting, call her sponsor, and make her realize how scared I am.

I told her all this, she just brushed it off and said she didn't want to talk about it.