View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1undone

Yes dee is right about the different ways mood issues can be resolved. I was on an antidepressant and I think it increased my cravings so I went the route of a mood stabilizer. It has helped BUT not if I drink. No matter what I take if I drink while on it it won't work or makes me worse mixing these drugs with alcohol.

I don't think it matters how much knowledge you have of alcohol or medicine in general in decisions we make to drink. I mean there are doctors that attend my AA meetings. And many nurses. So to think that because you should know better you make the right choices means nothing when it comes to addition. jMHO

I've had to go to all sorts of doctors to figure out my mood issues and why alcohol was such good medicine for me for years. Now it's not, dumb stuff doesn't work anymore, I have one glass of wine and I'm drunk! It's crazy. And of course I have more and black out. Fun huh?

Maybe the stuff does go right to our heads now. I've tried to read about this but don't get direct information. Oh well, we know ourselves and that's half the battle.