View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Welcome back FR

Like I've said before I think it's easy to wrap ourselves in labels...sometimes I did 'well' by not drinking heavily (by my standards), other times I was out of control...but I still had the problem.

I really don't think it's how much we drink or how often as much as it is what happens to us when do.

Drinking caused all kinds of problems in my life, for years - but I still *desperately* wanted to be that occasional drinker...

No matter if I was in a 'good' phase or a 'bad' one I still wanted/needed alcohol in my life - and that's the insanity.

I fought so hard to keep alcohol is my life, when the solution was to just...let it go...

I'm not in AA but as far as I know the only requirement is a desire to stop drinking? (someone will set us both right if I'm wrong there LOL)

as for your depression - please do see your Dr - noone needs to live with being depressed.

There's all manner of treatments - sometimes it can take a while to find the one that's right med for you for example, the one that will deal with depression and not bump up your cravings.

Don't give up - and it's good to see you back

D