View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
hope2be

Originally Posted by KuanYin View Post
I'm on the same merry go round. But I moved out of my house (after much frustration, too much drama to even try and post). I tried kicking him (addict son) out, tried the 30 day eviction, and he would always come back, and for the life of me I could not shut the door in his face. And he knew that. But it got to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore. My once-beautiful home was a disaster area with his mess. I could never get it clean enough to even list with a realtor. So I jumped ship. Abandoned it all. I guess my house will be foreclosed on eventually. I actually thought that when the electricity was finally shut off for non-payment, he and his addict girlfriend would leave then. They didn't. Then the water was shut off for non-payment. They still are in there. My biggest regret right now is not the loss of my house that I'd worked and payed on for nearly 2 decades, but that my son knows where I live now, and he's shown up ringing the doorbell, knocking on the door, harassing me for money. It would be a good thing -imo- if he were to go to jail right now. But he needs to go for a long time, the 30 days here and there that he's served over the past 10 years haven't made an impact.
K:
I know exactly what you mean. It's so hard, when you are emotionally drained from all the drama to get the strength to take care of yourself and stop the madness.
What you did took a lot of courage, up and leave it all behind. I think of doing that too sometimes. A relative had the same problem years ago and she put it up for sale, as is. She stated she didn't get what it was worth, but it gave her peace of mind and that was worth more than any amount of money could buy.
When you stated "too much drama to even post", I hear you. That's why I'm going to a therapist...it's too much for me to even write down and look at on paper.
My prayers are with you,
Huggs,
Hope