Thread: Silver Lining
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 12:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
redrose0729

Hun there is nothing you can do for him the only person you can do for is yourself. It serves no purpose to argue with a drunk. I cannot tell you to go or to stay I am in the same situation as you and I have 2 children. You are reaching out and that is a big step. The one thing I am learning to do is stop covering up for him when he messes up because I know my bf has to deal with the consequences of his own actions. His drinking has nothing to do you or anything you are or are not doing. You have to remember You did not cause it, You cannot controll it, and you cannot cure it. If we could cure our loved ones of this terrible disease then there would be no such problem as alcoholism and drug addicts. One thing I am looking into doing and you might consider it to is attending alanon meetings . This website has been a big big help for me there is so much wisdom here and comfort. Keep comming back and reading and posting it really helps. It has helped me not to feel like I was going crazy and to have peace in my life . Best of luck to you and my prayers are with you.
Rose