View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Bertwash1

"On the other hand, last night, she told me that I was responsible that she got drunk and passed out in front of family because I did not remove her from the house in time to prevent them from witnessing it. Her concern was not that I did not stop her from drinking, because that is not possible or permitted. She said that if I loved her I would have forced her to leave before she humiliated herself. This refusal of accepting responsibility for her actions is not uncommon."

I have had the same thing happen. She told me that I had to get her out a situation if she was making a fool of her self. I have done that twice and no more. Each time, left enough scratches on my faces. It was like be attacked by an animal. I have never had to defend myself from a woman. Needless to say I will not try to "save" her again and I have told her that. Before this relationship, I had never had the cops called on me. Been 5 times in a year. I called once because she was threatening suicide. Another one where the cops came and I left with them to a hotel and then the cops tell me that my AW has had problems for quite sometime and they now the address well. Quite the education I got from the back seat of a squad car. I had them drive me to a hotel because I had been drinking and I didn't think I could drive.

Each time I get a call and she is so ashamed and sorry and it will never happen again. She would always tell me to run and that I deserved better. Well I am in it know. I am trying the first step: letting go to my higher power. I wasn't very spiritual before, I am finding comfort and peace in a higher power.