View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Kellye C

Originally Posted by Joggermum View Post
Stubbs this too is my first time here. Crazy to me how you sound EXACTLY like my husband! He is in your shoes too. Its great hearing you speack honestly about your problem. As you, he drinks apx the same amount but tries hiding most\all of it from me while I'm at work... Have you also experienced that behavior? I would also like to know what your expectiaions from your wife are now? If i complement what a great day (no drinking) it is he gets made; If I dont say anything he feels like his efforts are all for nothing... Im confused, If you could give some insite that would be great.
BTW you should be SOOOO proud of yourself!
Hi joggermum and welcome to SR. May I suggest that you check out the Friends and Family of Alcoholics board here? It's full of people on your end of the situation, they are affected by another person's drinking and are taking steps to free themselves of the insanity of addiction and co-dependcy. You will find many "double winners" on there who are recovering alcoholics but they are also affected by someone else's drinking. You will find a world of experience, strength and hope over there. I hope you will check it out.

Take care,
Kellye