View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
leem03

Jalacola, I'm am so sorry for the pain you are going through. Most of us here know exactly what it feels like to be in your position & it really stinks! I have to agree with everyone else though, you have to really make yourself try to detach. I know it isn't easy. On the positive side though at least he has made some attempts at stopping. As I've heard from numerous AA attendees, they tried and fell off the wagon quite a few times before finally kicking the alcohol. I don't know what his past drying out experiences have been, but I do give him credit for at least trying. That being said, it doesn't mean that you have to continue to put up with the behavior either. You have children to take care of at home and many more to teach during the day. You are surrounded by people who look up to you to make a difference in their lives everyday. Now look within yourself & decide what you are going to do today to make a difference in your own life. I'm not saying to leave him, I'm saying focus on you and become a happy person with yourself........you can do it. Do it for you and do it for your kids!