Old 01-11-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cad235

Advice needed for Cocaine Addicted Husband

I am a 38 year old mother of an amazing 18 month old... my husband is a cocaine addict and went from using once every 3 months to using once per week. He drinks and smokes pot but says he's not "addicted" to those things. I believe he substitutes. He lies, sneaks, and always finds a way to get access to cash to use for his drugs. He is moody and verbally abusive at times... blames me for "giving him a hard time" which is basically saying nicely "this has to stop" and refusing to give him cash. I don't do any drugs myself and very rarely drink alcohol (like 5 times per year). I don't swear or yell in front of my daughter... when I mention anything to him nicely, he gets mad and swears etc. On the 23rd of December he finally decided to get help. He went to an outpatient program for 5 days. He finally came clean about his addiction, told the truth, and thought he could beat it. He smoked pot while in the program and drank beer and a 18 days later he did cocaine again... he's also back to his old ways already.... calling me names etc. Any advice??? I've asked him to leave on several occasions but of course he refuses. It is an ENDLESS cycle and my goodness life is simply too short to spend with someone like this. Thank You.