Thread: Everyone
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 11:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
PreciousThings

Having support is so important when it comes to getting clean. That's why I came here. There are some very wise and experienced people here. I lurked here for months before getting up the courage to sign up. I'm a very outgoing person, but when it comes to addiction and admitting your an addict, I was nervous to share. Now I try to come here every day to read and learn and hopefully reach out to others that need help too.

I found that melatonin is a great supplement to take to help relax. Just took one now so I can hit the hay. I have sleep issues that go back to before my drug ust.

In my 20's I used to casually take them for fun with friends. Once or twice a month. Not a big deal.

It was actually 3 consecutive surgeries that got me dependent. After the scripts ran out, I bought off the street for over a year to get high and to avoid getting dope sick. I was not longer dependent....I was an addict.

When I was up to anywhere from 90mg-180mg a day and didn't feel so good anymore, I realized I was taking these pills and spending all my money to avoid being sick. It wasn't fun anymore. The worries about my stash, counting and searcing and driving anywhere to get them....just got exhausting.

I'd wake up 15 minutes before my kids, all teary eyes and lethargic, to take a piece so I could get them breakfast and off to school. I just realized that it was a sad way to live and that I just wasn't living at all. I decided after my 35th birthday that it was time to get help from doctor.

I did my research on homeopathic remedies and Dr. supervised subs.

My spouse and I have had marital trouble for years. He's really not my friend, so I couldn't confide in him. The subs were my answer.

I'm still doing well, and realistically speaking, I hope to be pill free by spring.

I admire your CT route. I admire everone going that route. It shows tremendous strength and willpower.

Good for u!!!!