View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 10:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
TiredandSpent

Well, I for one think you did excellently!!!

You put the house up for sale and you are down one adult child. Maybe he rode off on a bicycle, but he's gone to support himself. (altho the sceptical part of me wonders if this guy furiously peddling out of town might be a wee bit concerned about the legal fall out from his 'fight'?--oh well, not your problem).

Two to go. One is still in the hospital, and this might be the right time to have him move out. Talk to the hospital social worker and tell her that he can't come home, you are selling the house and he'll have to go to a rehab/nursing facility to convalesce. With any luck you might be able to get this one launched too. By the time he's back on his feet, the house may be sold (get an efficiency apartment for a bit--no extra room, not even a couch).

Now the good news is, I'm sure your life will get better and better now that you are taking these steps. Two week ago today, I threw a brand new 22 year old son out of the house with nothing, not even shoes. He's got an empty wallet and a sack of clothes and a job that pays $90 a week.

If you read my first two posts you will see I was tense, agitated and very anxious. I've cried just about every day since May. I was a hot, rambling, angry, devastated, hopeless, fuming mess.

But since my AS has left, I haven't cried once. NOT ONCE. My house is clean and peaceful and within the last couple days I've felt HAPPY!

I don't know where AS is, and I sigh over his future, and I'm not happy about the situation he put himself in, but I'm feeling better with my life. I wish for him, I hope for him, I wonder about him, but... This is better. It really is.