View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Oh, my, did my stepson leave his father's house in a spectacular flurry of boxes and slamming doors!

In our state, Mr. HG's son was considered legally a tenant, and so was given 30-days written notice to vacate--necessary if stepson became violent, refused to leave, and the police needed to be involved (he was smoking crack at the time).

Mr. HG even generously decided to provide him with 2 month's rent at a new place to get him started as long as 1) he stayed off drugs, 2) he kept his job and 3) he did not get in trouble with the law.

Well, during his last weekend in his father's house, he went on a spectacular crack bender, got arrested, overslept and lost his job.....so no helpful "start-up" money from Dad.

When Mr. HG still insisted that he was leaving that day, it was quite a scene. He couldn't believe that "after all that just happened to me" he was being made to leave. So, it was boxes being thrown around in a huff, loading up his pick-up truck, slamming doors, etc......but he left.

After a few more unpleasant encounters, and after selling that house, we have peace. "Jr." know he won't get any money from us and that he has to be responsible for himself. He and Mr. HG do now have occasional e-mail contact.

Most importantly, Mr. HG and I have peace......beautiful, serene, peace. You'll get there, too!! It is sooooo possible!!!!!!