View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hope2be

Bottom dropped out

Things became pretty dysfuctional this past weekend with my adult children living with me. I told them I had decided to sell the house. It has become so depressing to just walk into my house and I truly do not have the energy to throw 3 of them out.

So, yesterday, I see a realtor and begin to get the wheels in motion. My adult sons knew I was doing this and left on an old motorbike after some pretty heavy verbal volleying, on all our parts. I still try to control the situation so that I don't have to do feel the pain, fear, or abandonment of them leaving.

Then one of my sons come home, stating someone has broken his brother's leg in a fight while trying to break up a fight that was apparantly his to begin with. So, his brother's in the hospital, possibly needing surgery . He takes off on his bicycle , and tells me goodbye, he loves me and leaving town on his bicylce. I have no clue where the motorbike is and really don't care at this point.

The hospital then calls and I talk to my other son, who asks if I can pick him up from the hospital and that they may have to do surgery on his thigh. It dawned on me how upsurd his question is...how can I pick him up when he needs surgery for a broken femur? I tell him no, I cannot - too tired, drained, etc. I'm a nurse, so I know he's going to recieve medical attention whether I'm there or not. I've never heard of anyone being discharged from an ER with a broken femur.

So...I called my sister over last night and cried a river. I feel at peace this morning. I don't even want to go see about my son in the hospital.
I need to clean up their rooms for the realtor to come in and take pictures.

I don't know if I have shut down or accepted , but it brings me peace at this moment. I'm still scared, so I need to really focus on my recovery to not go back to where I've been.

I'd like to hear from parent(s) who would share their "morning after" stories of how they coped. I've been down this road many times and I revert back to same old, same old.

Huggs,
Hope