Thread: Its over
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
sojourner

I am so sorry.

I see that you have been a member of Sober Recovery for 5 years and so have been learning how to do the best thing as far as your husband's addiction and your part in it. I wish there were good guarantees for doing that. I wish we could count on only success stories for doing that. I wish life were fair, for you and for all of us.

Barblsn, you are not alone. My own father committed suicide as a direct result of alcoholism. Yours is a hard row to hoe, but you are not alone. I have noticed that those of us whose addicted loved one died do not come back to this topic as often, so I want to say now that you and your family are loved, you and your family have been prayed for and continue to be prayed for, and that your life and the lives of your remaining loved ones have meaning and purpose. And you may not feel this right now, but you will have a different and focused insight into addiction that only this kind of experience can give you. You might not consider that to be an uplifting statement, but I pray that someday it is.

May God bless you all. You will wake up tomorrow whether you want to or not, and you will put one foot in front of the other and do what needs to be done.