Thread: Its over
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
david23

I am still alive, my bed date pushed back a week, can only speculate why, which doesn't matter. I did used since the reply to this post, my sober date: Christmas. Why? Read the Doctor's Opinion for insight, I need to say the choice was mine though. I have put other things in place to help, and I am set on keeping my date. If I fall to this like your husband, my family suffers severly, if I succumb to this in limbo, my family suffers more. They would be better off if I died. It's a simple desire not to use, a daily prayer to God to life that, it's one day at a time, it's this: that if I'm done, I'll have the right sponsor and take the suggestions. I'm sober and going to the VA, clean. At least I'm past the 5-7 day mark. Coming out I'll be past the 30 days (50 or so), addicts should know those times mean something physiological. Anything helps. I read a post here where Impurrfect got rid of things that reminded her of using, or could mess with her. Great advice, advice instituted here with me. There's more to it, whatever works positive for recovery, and combats addiction. It is a war. This damn addiction won many battles over me. I will win the war. Speak thins into existence, don't concede, don't resign, have reverance, not quivering fear. One AA told me "Stick to the rooms.", when I told him of benefits I receive from this site, well, another may say, whatever works, as I do, as Impurrfect knows. Don't argue with opinions, try it on, if it doesn't fit move on, but try it on. "We hold these truths to be self evident." (Declaration of Independance). Do whatever it takes, for you, to overcome and live. Fight the good fight, live the good life. And I mean FIGHT ! I made a decision, after much deliberation, and consultation of others, to get another sponsor. My prior has 32 years. I asked again to meet w/ him (after 3 days of him not being able to) - he said, "What is it you have to say? Say it.". I am getting another sponsor. "Okay." Click (dial tone...). Well, I will try to practice the principles in all my affairs. I called an AA I asked to be my temp before I talked to prior sponsor, him and several others are helping me through all of this. Thank God I have the ability to flip a switch and shut off negatives right now. Focus on the SOLUTION, not the problem, that is one of the best things for me I have been practicing, and it's new to me. Above much, I must remain consistant and calm, doing what works, avoiding triggers and traps. Knowing these things, knowing and showing is 1/2 the battle! Diligence! I wish you all well, and if longsuffering brings the greatest Joys in life, God Bless you, as he surely has.