View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RubyRose

Hi Tisa! Welcome! You've certainly come to right place for support and understanding. I read so many posts here in early recovery including the horrible withdrawl, There is no getting around it, you can't start recovery without w/d, detox first.

One of the things this forum did for me was to make me realize that I was not a bad person. I had a bad addiction but me, myself was not bad. When I finally got that through my head things seemed a little easier to take.

I w/d cold turkey but with my Dr's knowledge. It was by far the hardest thing I have ever done and the sickest I have ever been in my life!!

But - it ends. Slowly but surely you'll start to feel better and get your strength back. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Give yourself the time and patience to get physically better and life without pills will start to look better and seem closer all the time.

I have been clean 2 1/2 years now. I feel great. I have finally been able to do so much of what I never thought possible for me. I am happy and content. It didn't happen overnight but it does happen.

You can do it!! If I can do it, you can do it!! Forgot to mention - I was a long time, large dose, oxycontin abuser.

...Ruby...

Last edited by RubyRose; 01-03-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: forgot to mention I used drugs !!!!