View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 12:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paulajo
Confused

Hurt and Confused myself

I have a similar story to yours, but I let mine progress to the point of complete misery. When my husband and I met in JR high we knew it was love then. We broke up and didn't date all thru HS. When we got back together he was a heavy pot smoker. So I tried it, having always been against drugs. We tried many things thru the years, we've been together almost 15 years. Then He hurt his back and can not ever work again, we finally had a child who has bipolar, etc. When problems became worse at home with our child, his father's death, etc. He turned to Meth. Then had a "friend" shoot him up. This is a place he swore he'd never go. I left him in MO and moved back to SD. He gave up the meth and followed. Assuring all was fine. And so I believed him. Thru the course of the 3 years here I have found synriges a couple of times (used for shooting up the pain pills), for it to all be explained away. Finally I decided this was nuts and it had gone to a point of no return. He is in rehab now. But now I have to live with all the lies and sneaking around and the pain that is here. He's been gone 10 days and I miss him terribly. I wish I could have forseen the future, but I promise based on reading your story, IT DOES AND WILL GET worse!
I am on this site now trying to get help for myself. I stopped all the drugs with him 3 years ago, but recently smoked a joint with him and am not very proud of myself. I don't have to have all that mess and don't get what his addiction is that he can not walk away as I have done. But am struggling with the trust and pain and having to balance everything while he is gone. It's not a pretty picture. You say this is your soul mate as I do with mine, so make him get help or he will ruin ya'lls life. It's never easy, but this way of life sucks sooo bad. Good lluck.