View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 11:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by story74 View Post
Ugh!

I am trying no contact as much as I can, but by the 3rd phone call and text I give up and let him talk to his son. I am trying to do the right thing. His son doesn't want to talk to him, and I don't force it. So, then [B]he makes [/B]me feel guilty like I am suppose to talk to my son about how important it is to talk to his father,but ......

Not enforcing your own boundary for yourself and then blaming him .....HMMM.
I mean no snark here. Just pointing out the obvious from the outside looking in.

AND this father that I am suppose to build up to my son as important continues to consistently miss his 2 hours a week visitation.

According to who? Is there a court -order to build up this child's bio dad?

I have no respect for this man. And this is all my fault.

Sounds like you might feel a tad guilty or something. Bio dad has not earned respect.

He called on christmas at 8pm???!!! My son is 3. Really? He was sleeping. He is so clueless.

Why take the call or respond to these texts? Bio dad has no clue. That's on him.

I just am so tired of dealing with a self absorbed spoiled child.

Then don't. The suggestion for a court -supervised visitation at his expense takes you out of the middle of this.

He says he is clean, but his behavoir proves otherwise. A clean man would be trying hard core.

Not necessarily. Take the substances out of many people and what's left is still a big ole self-absorbed baby.

He doesn't even talk to his family.
So.....

I just wish he would go away bc I don't know how to deal with him. he won't even sit and talk to me like an adult.
Age is not a good indication of maturity. Do you have court-ordered child support in place? While most courts view child support and visitation as 2 separate issues, they do have some bearing.

Living with or without this man, you still manage to make him the focus of your attention. You can change this by disengaging and sticking with your own healthy boundaries. Being a solo parent is hard enough without all this drama.