Old 12-26-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
lesliej

Hey Panda,

remember that new years is just another day like xmas, valentines, july 4th, st patricks, etc etc. my first valentines my ex was in jail, the second he was in treatment...progress?

days really are just days. most of the very best days of my life have nothing to do with a hallmark moment or a 10 second count down. all of these "special dates" have a bunch of expectations around them that are usually ties to a fantasy or illusion or too much hype.

practice gratitude and grace. you are in the middle of a major transition right now that is about being good to yourself. moving forward, making healthy decisions, shifting your psychic focus to the right place (your life!!) and so on and so on!! VERY proud of you for making these steps.

also, just watch out for the subtle emotional hangovers of contact. only do as much as you feel you really need to, or want to. make sure that if you are having contact it is all on your terms and just really safe guard your boundaries...it is a delicate and extremely important process, which is why a lot of people in our situation (break ups etc) just go no contact.

always an option.
black out drinking is sooooooo not an option for me, and I really pray not for you either.

you will be just fine.
one minute it is 2011 and the next minute it is 2012. big deal. its a number, and we all know how to count, it helps keep track of things like sober time.
peace!