View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lonelygal

My first post an admitting my wrongs

Hello,
I am new to this forum and I'm a binge drinker, about twice a week for about 10 years now. I want to quit as I am a mother now and I usually drink after my child goes to bed with my husband. I stopped drinking only for the 9 months I was pregnant and I felt amazing! I thought I kicked the habit for good. I was wrong, I started binge drinking again about a month after the baby. My husband is also a binge drinker. We've been married for 10 years and before I got married did not drink. I feel like the lifestyle we have now is all about drinking. We don't drink and drive, we stay home and do it, are responsible with our child, but we always make time for alcohol, and it has been going on for years. My fear is that I will die soon and not be able to be there for my child. What I'm doing to my body is horrible for me. I hbe told myself I will only drink once a week, but give in halfway through the week, sometimes my husband will and we encourage it. He doesn't admit he had a problem and thinks I'm ridiculous for thinking that we do.Its really hard for me to be the bigger person and stop because he influences me so much. Today I want to make a change. I want to stop blaming my husband foe the reasons why I drink. I want to be healthy for my child so he can have a mother that is there for him for a long time. I want to do it for him.