View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 04:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
hope2be

Thanks for all the support, encouragement, for this is not easy for a full time Codie! It's very hard to step back from all of the controlling that I have done and let them take a fall.

LeslieJ: No, they do not pay rent or anything. My home has been a circus and revolving door. They no longer have transportation, through their own bad decisions. I realize that I should have never, ever let it get this bad for ME, but I can't look back. I'm working on forgiving myself for letting things get out of hand, as it is now.

It has been so hard for me to let go of the "family dream". That is why I just can't throw them out at this point....too close to Christmas. I am claiming the year 2012 as my freedom year and hopefully, theirs too.

I know there are a lot of parents out there who have been through this. It's very agonizing to know that I will be the one to set the catalyst in motion for their pain. However, the choice of continuing like this leaves no room for growth on their part and no peace for me.

I'm sad today, and maybe that's where I have to be. I lay my heavy heart at the foot of the cross and pray once more to let go and let God.

Huggs to all,
Hope