Thread: No rock bottom
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tlm56

No rock bottom

I read on here and so many hope and pray that their alcoholics will see the light, reach their bottom or something will happen to make them want to quit.

Some of the A's decide to quit and for others...well, my AH is almost 62 years old and still drinking strong. Our anniversary was a few days ago, he started at 10 am and finished a 30 pack, then went to the neighbors and borrowed some of their beer. Today it is straight whiskey.

He says he does not have any intentions of quitting for good. He sometimes stops for a few days, weeks or months, but once he starts again, the roller coaster begins. He does not go to bars, he drinks alone at home, I have never drank anything stronger than iced tea.

Some think that if their health gets bad, that will scare them into quitting. Well..3 heart attacks, triple bypass heart surgery, lung surgery, COPD, back surgery and only one functioning kidney and he is still at it.

So this is just a heads up that your journey with an A may be a lifetime if you are waiting for them to change. You can only change yourself.