View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

On January 1, 1979 my family held what was an intervention back then. I was told in no uncertain terms that I HAD A PROBLEM. That I had to FIX that problem and until I did, there would be NO MORE BAIL OUTS, NO MORE STAYING AT THEIR HOMES, if I came to their door it would be shut in my face, if I called them on the phone they would hang up, and if I stole from them they would call the police.

It took me another 2 1/2 years to find recovery, and the last 1 1/2 years I lived on the streets of Hollywood.

It was THE BEST THING MY PARENTS and FAMILY EVER DID FOR ME!! I was 33 1/2 years old, and 3 weeks shy of my 36th birthday when I found recovery.

I am glad you are seeing a therapist, and please continue to post here. You might also like to try some Naranon or Alanon FOR YOU. I mention Alanon, because many times there are a lot more meetings of Alanon than Naranon, and some areas do not even have Naranon yet. You will be welcomed by folks who have gone through or are going through what you are.

Also, please continue to post and let us know how YOU are doing. We are walking with you in spirit!!!!!

Love and hugs,