View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 10:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
OceanSize

facebook is not a safe place for anyone who chooses anonymity in any way shape or form. at its very core it is an advertising network. i keep reminding myself that nothing about facebook is real.

if it were real, then if you saw my exbf's fb page you would think he still loved me, as he just posted a video that i'm in (of him, his mom, and me hanging out) and still has our pictures up.

i have a problem with looking at his page (stalking) and i have so much false hope generated by the fact that we are still "friends" but we haven't spoken in over a month, and that our pictures remain in tact. It messes with my head. I have so much false hope. every day i feel worse about facebook and his page.

Never better.

I let it mess with my head.

I see a girl writing to him on his page and i wonder if she's my replacement. she "likes" everything he does. I'm sure they are flirting. It hurts. and it's all up there for anyone to see. And yet, if you look at his photos, there i am.

i hate facebook, i feel as though it has / i have allowed it to ruin my life. Much of my anger at my ex, before he was my ex, was related to facebook. i would see his updates and wonder if there was something i didn't know, etc.

facebook isn't real - but it is very dangerous.

Timeline is designed to make us spend more time on facebook so that advertisers can find us. It's designed to tell a "story" of our life that can only be found on facebook. I'm not good at this, but i do believe it is up to us to take our stories offline, in order to engage in reality.

I have a very hard time with this. I've spent many days feeling suicidal and crying simply over facebook.

it's a truly horrifying experience. I realize i do it to myself. I don't know that these tools are good for we alcoholics/addicts/codies. I believe it is a drug, and i'm currently using it, and it feels horrible.

I get emotional hangovers from facebook.

anyone else? or am i the only lunatic here.

I'm dreading Timeline, i haven't upgraded yet and have been avoiding it for a very long time.

unfortunately part of my job involves "social media" so i have to log into facebook every day. i've been wondering lately if this means i need a new job.