View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lesliej

maybe I am just kind of a cold beeyatch or numb or something...
but all this talk of christmas...christmas...christmas. it's like a major trigger for those of us with challenged boundaries. it's a big inflated excuse to question our decisions, weigh and use it as a measure of how "bad" the addiction is. why, when we are dealing with life challenging and life changing issues, do we let another day on the calendar torture us so??!!

I celebrate Winter Solstice myself...which is where the church-determined date for xmas came from... it represents the longest night of the year...a time for hibernation, reflection, germination of dreams and insight...AND the rebirth of the SUN! (read: SON as in Jesus and all of his most excellent spiritual principles of compassion!!! NOT PITY!!)

if it wasn't xmas it would be a birthday, an anniversary, new years eve (ohhhhh the kiss)
easter, halloween (that was a big one for me! & it's his bday too!!!) etc etc etc.

There was a time when I lived very far from my family and had to spend xmas day alone. it was actually quite peaceful and quiet and relaxing. also as others have mentioned...there are awesome and fulfilling volunteer activities.

I, for one, don't need to hype up the fantasy of a perfect xmas brought to my by hallmark and walmart. take it easy. take a breath. appreciate the "return of the sun" and live one day at a time.

just my opinion, sorry!