View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
eyeswideshut1

Thanks, Gave, that really does help, I appreciate it. It's nice to hear from someone struggling with the same thing, and I appreciate your gentle way of giving advice. You're right, he could get in touch if he wanted and he hasn't. I have to remember that when I start having that feeling that I want to talk to him, or when I feel guilty about distancing myself. I have left him another text and another voicemail in the past few days, but it's becoming clear that he just doesn't want to talk to me. And at this point, I'm not even sure why I want to talk to him! I've been looking at my list of things I don't miss about him, and I feel pretty strongly that I don't want to get back together with him. It's like, I don't want him, but I want him to want me! I'm so glad that you are finding the strength to keep your distance from your ABF. You are an inspiration to me! I think you're right, the hurt will fade with time. It has been hard because most people in my life don't even know what's going on. Most of my friends are from work, and he was dating someone else where I work before he and I got together, and I didn't want to upset her by spreading it around that I was seeing him. So there aren't a lot of people I can talk to. So I really appreciate your support, and the support of others on this forum! Hugs to you!