Old 12-08-2011, 07:30 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
DrivenHeart85
Always, Never & Forever

This is back from October 2nd between "me" and TU on morality:

".....TU: If you can convince yourself that for you, drinking, in and of itself, since it effectively obliterates your moral conscience — your sense of right and wrong — is the most immoral act of all, more wrong than anything else, you are home free. Your conscience will then kick in almost automatically to identify the Addictive Voice when it pops up, without any effort on your part."

This is just for me to back up my morality stance. As far as illogical or irrational, that won't help you to not drink. People do illogical, irrational stuff all the time, but it's the stuff they're morally opposed to that seems to happen a lot less. I'm not up to that level of immorality with drinking yet though...where it's the most immoral act of all, but I'm working on it. I like to think of all of the stuff that my parents have done to help me in life and how drinking is morally wrong because if effectively throws all of their hard work down the drain. Sometimes it seems that I don't mind if I emotionally am hurting myself but to do it to the only people who truly care about me would be absolutely heart breaking and yes, immoral in my eyes.