Old 12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
FT

Originally Posted by DrivenHeart85 View Post
You can't deny the peaceful, happy, fluffiness of the cutest kitten IN THE WORLD! lol I over-do the cat stuff on purpose because I'm totally allergic to them. Cyber kitties are all I have! lol

But I, too, confess to the dirty deed of tape playing when I should just be dissociating. I do it to see if I actually have the urge to drink after considering all the consequences. I don't know why I do that though. You know, I think part of me is giving into my AV when I do that. It's saying, "Just check again...go see if you're ready to change your mind yet. Do you STILL think drinking is no longer worth it?"
Yes, I WANT THAT KITTY!

I've often warned my husband that if it weren't for him, I'd be one of those old ladies on the "Hoarders" shows, knee deep in cats. I get my "cat fix" from three all black kitties we took in as rescues, after our "main kitty" died of old age. That kitty never allowed other cats to come in the house, but I did restrain myself at three.

Hey, not to let this thread devolve into old lady "cat talk", I just had to pipe up and encourage those of you who are facing holiday parties, office or otherwise, where alcohol will be served. It truly is liberating to be able to go to those things and not feel the least bit deprived because other people "get" to drink.

It's been a long time for me, but I also remember the feeling of not being able to drink "properly" at those things. No one else but me would be wanting that second, third, or fourth glass of wine, so I would solve the "problem" by drinking plenty before I got there. I'd already have my buzz on so that I would look like a "normal" drinker instead of the lush I was.

These days, I don't need to go to those functions anymore since I work for myself, but I remember them well. I've never been fond of New Year's Eve anyway, fearing the other drivers on the road.

FT