Thread: Update 21 days
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 05:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
simian66

Well, not meaning to throw the spanner in the works here, but I tend to think there may be better times to quit than others. We are approaching that time of year when people get together and consume substances. I think it depends on the person and how many times they have tried. Whether they could cope with another failed attempt. It could send someone into a complete state of despair. Yes there is avoidance and denial, but I'm suggesting that there are indeed better times than others to quit. Is it coincident that people tend to quit in the new year... or is that an old wives tale? Maybe it's because they over indulge around the christmas/new year period. Whatever the reason, moments in time are never the same. Things cluster and come in waves. Perhaps there are times which do present better windows of opportunities than others. It would be hard(er) to give up cigarettes if you had exams or a court case coming up, for example. Having said that, you will have to face the festive season and other less opportune moments in life at some point. Good luck with whatever you choose.