Old 12-04-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
desperatesister

Sister getting out of rehab Wednesday need advice

My sister is getting out of rehab on Wednesday this week for maybe (I'm guessing) the 15th time. She has lost everything at this point and before she went into to rehab was sleeping at a storage facility. Our family went to probate court to have her committed. The 28 days are up--she drinks anything-- hand sanitizer, mouth wash, vanilla extract--pretty much anything with alcohol in it so I have little hope that this 28 days will be any different than the last ones. Here goes: When she gets home what do I do if she asks me to help her with living arrangements? Do I just let her be homeless right out of rehab or do I give her a chance and help her to find a place to stay? When she called to say she was getting out next Wednesday--I just said hopefully everything is going well and I am sure that you will work everything out. Any insight would be welcome. I want to help but not enable. I am new to this forum but not new to dealing with her drinking and am going to my first meeting next Thursday.