View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sadsappysucker

wow, that was really quick i figured this week was going to be the hardest, and im not expecting to feel 'normal' again anytime soon, whatever that may be.

anyways, my story is that i'm 23, and have been drinking since about age 15. i suffer from moderate to severe depression, and ive been hospitalized 3 times for that and alcoholism.

my depression began when i moved towns / changed schools at the end of 7th grade. it only worsened from there, as my best friend was suddenly killed in an accident just a couple years later (drunk driving.) 2 years after that, my father died from a brain tumor, and then 2 years after that my brother (heroin addict) hung himself. (hes still alive, but but brain dead in a nursing home.) so as you can read, i havent exactly had a lot to be happy about.

i wasnt able to finish college due to my depression/alcoholism , and the fact i'll be turning 24 in june and have no real direction scares the **** out of me. i have to somehow get my life going, and i don't know what else to do.

any advice, wisdom, etc. is greatly appreciated. i'm used to being lonesome, but alcohol always temporarily got rid of that. now i'm living with my depression rather than masking it and it sucks.