View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:15 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
LTJimmie

Latest anti-drinking and driving court case:

Ruling against B.C. drunk driving law may affect other provinces: expert | News | National Post

"B.C’s drunk driving law, the most draconian in the country, allowed police to issue immediate roadside suspensions, impound cars and levy fines on drivers who refuse a breath test or blow a blood-alcohol level of .05 or higher.

It costs drivers a three-month suspension, roughly $5,000 in penalties, towing and stowage fees and other costs. They must also take a pricey safe-driving program and install a breathalyzer device on any motorized vehicle they operate."

This is for being under the legal limit of 0.08, and similar laws are across Canada. I guess I'm glad I'm off the booze! I am also glad I don't own a restaurant or lounge. Business must be bad. Isn't the goverment still in the business of selling booze? Guess your OK to buy it just not drink it! It seems to me the liberals are bored so they are going after the next easy target, drinking. Basically wiped out smokers, can't even smoke within sight of public building! I'm getting tired of this liberal "save the world" or protect us from ourselves thing. As far as I know two of the worse groups for drinking are cops and politicians so maybe they will all have their licences and cars gone! OOPS cops have a get out of jail free ticket as a job benefit.

I guess my rant is back off for now.

LTJimmie