View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

I love putting up my (fake) Christmas tree, and plugging it in, and using only the lights on the tree to light up the living room after dark. There's something serenely peaceful about the light cast from multiple tiny multicolored bulbs, even if it doesn't last long before one of the kittens gets stuck in the tree again.
This year I also purchased some lights for the balcony, although I've been lazy and haven't actually gotten around to installing them yet.

I enjoy putting thought into the gifts I purchase for people. They don't have to be expensive, they just have to be nice and well-thought-out. I like imagining the smiles on people's faces when they open them, and will sometimes purchase silly gifts for certain people who understand good humor because I love the anticipation of the look on their face when they open it.

I enjoy baking, and sitting at home by Christmas light and candle light as the temperature outside drops and I'm still warm and cozy at home, and putting out the nativity set.

I am absolutely going to enjoy having time off from work, now that my time is my own to spend. This is going to be a good year.

I try to focus on those things, because paying attention to the commercialization or listening to the overuse of Christmas music or thinking about the logistics and potential pitfalls of visiting my parents this time around only stresses me out.