Thread: Help.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Desperate28

Help.

Hello-
I am new to this site, and I have subscribed for one reason and one reason only. My mother is an alcoholic. I am 17 years old and I have a younger brother (13) and an older sister (22). We have been dealing with her alcoholic issues for as long as I can remember, and I myself have often confronted her with terrible anger which I realize is just not the right approach. My father has also attempted to get involved, and more poised that I, he did his best to convey his feelings toward her clear and evident problem. All attempts failed. This is why I'm here.
I feel as if someone- anyone- can help me. My family and I want to confront her for the first time on Thursday, so I am sort of after a quick response which I am hoping is possible. We plan to each write a piece to say to her about how her alcohol addiction has affected us. We are going to be careful not to pass judgement/be degrading, for we do not wish to stir up any unnecessary drama or hard feelings. We just want her to stop. This has truly gone on for too long. She quite often attends events in our lives (such as family occasions), drives drunk, and recently she has had some serious new symptoms such as bleeding from the nose excessively. I am afraid that she will soon die, and that is the honest and terrifying truth.
I do not want any apologies (I read some other blogs) I just want an answer- how do we approach her? We need to do this once and we need to do it very correctly.
I hope someone is willing to help me. I don't even know how to correctly operate this site. Thank you for anyone who may reply. We need you.