View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

I am doing okay. I was very stressed out last week for various reasons related to this, and I worked through everything except this boundary violation. I'll be fine, not worried about that - and my manager has already put his own job on the line to back me up in the past due to performance issues while I was with XABF, so I can count on his support now when I'm one of his more productive employees...

This is just a new low for them, and I'm not happy about it.
There are plenty of routes to take without involving my boss. They haven't even attempted emailing me, or showing up at my Al-Anon meeting, or mailing a letter, or any of the other easier ways to contact me directly, so this wasn't a last resort on their part.

My boss is currently kicked out of his office this week due to year-end reviews (he shares an office right now, and the other manager is doing his reviews this week), so he's doing all his business on his cell phone.

He just called me about a business trip I had asked him to approve, and I didn't answer because I didn't recognize his cell phone number. When I called him back I told him why I didn't answer, and we had a brief discussion about this whole thing. He doesn't know all the details, although I'm sure he's guessed at plenty.
I basically informed him that "brain tumors are not my responsibility" and he laughed and agreed. I am hoping this is a one-time deal, but I did tell him that I didn't want to get involved in any of this. He's a great manager, and understands how much stress XABF's situation caused me last year. He loves the new, improved, productive me, and believe me, he'll do whatever he can to help me stay this way.

I really hope they get the message and stop, though.
I sincerely hope things don't have to take a legal route, either - XABF's daughter, the ringleader for this whole thing, is a hotshot attorney at a rather big-name legal firm with a lot of influence elsewhere (plus his one son is also a rather successful attorney with his own set of friends), so it would not be pretty.

Don't get involved with anyone who has a close relationship to a lawyer, btw. It's more trouble than its worth.