View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
quitforme79

Sleep & cravings

Hi all...I am at 4 weeks today and very proud of myself but I have noticed some things that are bothering me the past few days. First, sleeping has become an issue for me. After 2 weeks sober I was sleeping so well. But all this week I have had trouble staying asleep. I have come to hate night time (could be because I am lonely) and go to bed at 8-8:30 only to wake up at 12 am, 3 am 4 am etc. Anyone experience sleep interruptions like this? Could it be due to no longer drinking or stress about the night hours which seem so empty? 2nd, I was invited to a wedding last minute that happens to be on new years. I swear it seems that every big drinking buddy I ever had is going to be there. In my new found life, I don't see myself going because there's only one good friend I'd actually want to see but everyone else will be hammered. And if I go I know I'll drink. I just KNOW it. Even if I say I won't, my mind is weak rt now and I will rationalize it. I can see it already. I don't want to spend new years weekend alone either but everyone else has plans. This wedding invite has spiked my cravings big time and I feel disappointed or rather discouraged. I just want to cry today and that sucks because I have been feeling so happy. I appreciate any advice. The voice in my head is telling me "to drink one last time and end 2011" I am pathetic